Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Hidden Enemies-at a bargain

I identified with the main character in the recent Netflix movie Tick Tick BOOM. He had been working on a musical for 8 years and in one week would be showing the musical for the first time. Only one problem--he had to write one more key song. He sat at the computer and started a sentence. Then he corrected the sentence, then he deleted the sentence, then he rewrote the beginning of the sentence. He sat there, watching the cursor tick and tick and tick . . . 

In 2020, I changed my book Remember Me from past tense to present tense. Remember Me received first place in the suspence category in the 2019 Next Generation Indie Book awards and Honorable Mention at the Hollywood Book Festival. So I know it must be a half-way decent read.

I also published another book Hidden Enemies. This book received an Honorable Mention at the 2020 Next Generation Indie Book Awards.

Since these books are difficult to find by searching Amazon.com, here is my author link: https://www.amazon.com/stores/M-A-Florence/author/B00915SFSE?ref=ap_rdr&store_ref=ap_rdr&isDramIntegrated=true&shoppingPortalEnabled=true

Back then, I was inspired then and I had a lot to say. Then the pandemic hit . . . and I have been languishing. I am working on another book, but it's going slowly. And now, for the first time, I understand writer's block. 

I have done a terrible job of marketing my books and have made very few sales. So at least someone would read them,  I decided to donate my books to the library yesterday and talked to the person in charge. He said if they are self-published, he needs to take a look at any book reviews on Amazon as well as the books themselves. I left him one copy of each book, plus Red Flag Warning that I had to regain my rights from Infinity years ago when they went out of business and republish myself (long story). 

I took a look at all my books on Amazon.com and Hidden Enemies had nothing, zero, zilch reviews and the book was marked down to $5.59 (from $12.95)! First of all, I asked two people who have read my book to submit reviews and they did. Thank you Mike and John. Then I asked the self-publishing service KDP what was going on with the price change. 

They responded, "Melanie, per our Terms and Conditions, we retain discretion to set the retail customer price for the books we sell. Our decision to discount products is based on a number of considerations, which vary over time. However, the discount doesn’t affect royalties earned from orders placed on Amazon. Your royalties will continue to be calculated from the list price you provided on your KDP account, in this case you will continue to earn royalties as if the book was being sold for $12.95." 

So, I have a book bargain for you!! And I hope you take me up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment